The main concept of Sapient is luperci humanisation. Sapient encourages the use of optime form and the more humanised skills already seen and established on board such a reading and writing, use of weapons, creation of goods, production of food, domestication of animals, whilst still maintaining in balance their true instincts and natures.
Sapient is aimed for characters that want to learn all they can, have and collect all they can, and create and use their hands to improve the life of the pack members/status of the pack. However it is not a pack for those with strong morals or weak bodies; canines must be able to defend and earn their ranks within Sapient, as well as protect the pack and it’s stores of wealth within.
- Welcome Archetypes: Luperci, Intellects, Researchers, Craftsman, Loyalists, Merchants, Fighters, Thieves, Diplomats, Greedy, Power Hungry.
- Unwelcome Archetypes: Non-Luperci, Criminals, High-Morals, Instigators, Unskilled, Weak Willed, Soft Hearted, Rapists and Murderers.
IC Joiners Only
Sapient only accepts IC joiners. Joining IC’ly is a good way for your character to build a canon rapport with leadership, which also allows for leadership to actually evaluate and interact with prospective joiners; thus, making sure that all involved parties are going to work out realistically.
Only current NPC’d members may join OOC’ly. Please view our policies for greeting and accepting joiner information.
Get to know the SP culture
Below are a few points that as the basis for SP's culture and function. Think of it as a brief summary of what characters might fit into SP's mold!
Sapient is a humanized pack
We do not accept non-luperci characters or creatures. However, in terms of culture and level of humanization, Sapient is no different to how many players already play luperci characters, nor are we essentially any more humanized than other packs!
So what do we mean by humanization?
Humanization within Sapient primarily means the predominant usage of Optime form. Characters are expected to wear some clothing; past that, we have no actual ‘set’ humanization outline for Sapient. Characters can range from tribal humanization to more modern aspects; it is all treated exactly the same within Sapient. Sapient simply strive to live in luxury and love to indulge themselves, seeking to advance their culture and lifestyle.
Sapient is not just a knowledge pack!
Yes that's right; we aren't just a bunch of nerds; in fact that is just one of the sub areas to humanization! In our society, people go to school, college, university; they learn things and gain skills. The concept of knowledge within Sapient is there to encourage characters to learn, to be skilled in an area. Under knowledge we also have the idea of invention; using these learned skills to produce goods and new ideas to help aid the pack’s wealth.
Wealth, Power and Hierarchy
As subcategories of what we perceive as humanisation, these three areas are also big factors of Sapient; we actively encourage both good and evil characters to join, making us a neutral pack. Dominance and submission are ingrained canine behaviours which still apply within Sapient, although we are also encouraging greed for power, materialistic items, knowledge and other things humans may potentially desire.
Greeting and Accepting Joiners
For more specific information on what each rank can and cannot do, check out our rank page.
Who can greet and accept Joiners?
- Members ranked Summus and above may accept joiners.
- Members ranked within the Supera category and above may greet joiners, although will have to later call for leadership or someone of rank to formally accept the character.
- We ask that all members only respond to joiners if you can respond at least once a day.
- If another member has already greeted the character, Leadership strongly advise members not to join in the thread; multiple greeters can slow the joining process down!
How do you accept a member?
- Remember that only members ranked Summus and above may accept joiners.
- Once your character has IC'ly accepted the joiner, please post to our maintenance thread so that leadership can sort out the rest!
- The joining process MUST be fully played out, IC, for the character to be accepted (otherwise leadership will overrule). This includes a fair assessment of skill set, background, will they bring any drama, etc.
- Leadership retains the right to reject a member, even if a character ranked Summus has accepted them.