A security measure hosted several times throughout the year at random, the Venenum Testis is a large feast where members are encouraged to hunt for food, trade for goods, then cook meals or concoct various drinks to share with the rest of the pack.
Whilst non-compulsory to attend, the VT is a grand social event with ample food and drink, a great place to catch up on gossip and catch up with your fellow pack mates. Despite the fact it is intended as a means to test for tampered consumable, the event is mostly a celebration of Sapient’s capacity to survive and overcome problems.
The Set Up
- VT is hosted entirely at random throughout the year. Prior to any VT feast, members of Sapient are assumed to be IC’ly informed 2 weeks in advance.
- A small sample of every consumable item in pack stores is used for this feast, served on its own or as an ingredient to a larger dish or drink; these samples are thus spread out across the assortment of goods.
- There is no eating or seating order; all food and drink is communal, allowing for members to pick and choose what they eat.
- Prior to the event, medics produce common cures for poisons; just in case – although given the quantity and the fact everything is cooked/processed, even in cases of tampered consumables, the damage is usually mild and quickly treatable.
- Typically the event is hosted in the main hall. Tables and chairs are placed in the center of the room, with pillows, furs and a few sofas making snugs around the edges of the room for members to relax and enjoy themselves.
Pre-VT Thread Prompts
- Assist medics by helping make or trading for medical supplies to counter poisons on the off chance something has been tampered with.
- Help decorate the main hall: fetch tables and chairs, arrange the comfy snug spaces, put up some ornaments, etc.
- Hunt for some fresh meat or go fishing so that there are more resources on hand for the meals.
- Cook something to be donated towards the feast. All meals should contain a small sample from the assortment of consumable goods in the packs communal storage.
- Trade for any item that could make the VT better: decorations, furs for comfort, seats, food, drink, spices, herbs, etc.